Fusion-io hybrid storage system provisions performance for multiple applications independently of capacity, delivering the near performance of an all-flash array at the price of a hybrid system. With ioMemory and ioControl software, data moves transparently between high performance and low cost storage media, with dynamic low latency flash caching for both writes and reads.
- Predictable Performance with Storage QoS
- Predictable Growth
- Service Levels for Total Control
- The Lowest £/GB and £/IOP
- Maximum Utilization of Storage Resources
Not all solid-state solutions are created equal. Fusion-io offers you the only midrange hybrid storage solution to offer the performance and reliability of PCIe SSD:
- Extraordinary write limit. With Fusion-io, the SSDs support 275X more data being written as compared to Intel SATA/SAS SSD.
- Active-Active architecture. Fusion-io uses dual-ported NL SAS disks rather than single-ported SATA drives; this enables us to implement a robust Active-Active architecture and avoid any single point of failures at the drive connection.
- 22x more IO. Other hybrid vendors have implemented solid-state behind the storage controller – Fusion-io PCIe implementation provides 22x more IO than SSDs behind legacy storage controllers:
– 5X faster bit transfer rate than SATA/SAS SSD
– 5X faster reads than SATA/SAS SSD
– 4.6X faster writes than Netlist NVRAM (capacitor backed memory device)
– 2X lower latency (50/50 R/W)
Read the recent Whitepaper by John Tolly from Tolly Group as he discusses their independent testing results comparing the performance of two different hybrid storage systems – Fusion ioControl Hybrid Storage using PCIe flash and a conventional hybrid architecture using NVRAM plus SSDs. You’ll learn how and where the performance of these two hybrid architectures differ and what it means to your customers application environment.